You'll shape CodeGem’s product as a whole, and own the full product design life cycle
We are building the future of software team management. By combining analytics with HR, CodeGem shortens the feedback cycle and gives both managers and engineers the data and tools they need to improve.
CodeGem collects feedback and automatically pulls data from the tools teams already use to generate comprehensive dashboards that capture the full picture of a team; from productivity to collaboration to satisfaction. More importantly, CodeGem feeds these analytics into tools like our 1-on-1 framework, to facilitate continuous improvement and help managers and engineers, set, measure and achieve gems together! (“Gem”: Goals with evidence that can be measured)
Today, we are a close-knit, fast paced team with strong experience working at top companies including Apple, CentralReach, and Uber. In Alpha with several paid pilots, CodeGem is funded and backed by GarageCapital, CapitalT, The Thiel Fellowship, and several notable serial entrepreneurs/tech leads.
What you'll do...
- You'll shape CodeGem’s product as a whole, and own the full product design life cycle; from taking ideas and iterating on designs to shipping and validating delightful user experiences.
- You’ll be the champion of our users. Analyzing competitors, researching solutions, monitoring usage, gathering feedback, and validating designs to surface new ideas and areas for improvement.
- We use CodeGem at CodeGem! You’ll use what you design and talk with others while they are using it. As our user champion, you will influence CodeGem’s product backlog and work closely with the team to define the future of our product.
- You’ll have the opportunity to jump into different areas and set personal development goals. Along the way, we’ll connect you with mentors and advisors who can support you in achieving them.
- You’ll be the master coach of CodeGem; working with users to improve our training and support features/documentation both in and outside of CodeGem.
- You’ll collaborate with the business team to improve CodeGem marketing and brand identity including support on competitor brand research, content creation, website improvements, and validation of marketing materials.
Who you are...
- You have 3+ years of strong UX experience.
- You are a full-stack designer who loves working closely with customers to iteratively build out delightful user experiences. You’re an expert in UX but are also comfortable and excited about all aspects of design.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment. You’re looking to take the lead on large initiatives, can balance competing priorities, and are comfortable changing course based on new data.
- You focus on the psychology of users, constantly leverage research and studies, and dive deep into user analytics to heavily influence design.
- You have strong written communication skills and have experience creating effective support documentation and copy both within product design and marketing materials.
- You take pride in what you do and are detail-oriented. You think through every edge case, empty state, and error state and obsess over animations, transitions, and copy because you know what a big difference these things make.
- You are fluent with tools like Figma and MixPannel, and have strong opinions on how to use them effectively.
💎 We'd also love to hear...
- You have experience building out training and/or designing management processes or tools.
- You have animation and/or graphic design experience and love creating beautiful assets.
- You have experience designing analytics applications and know-how to optimize data visualizations and build education/training around their interpretation.