We are looking for a highly motivated Business Lead to define and execute CodeGem’s 0 to 1, GTM strategy.
We are building the future of software team management. By combining analytics with HR, CodeGem shortens the feedback cycle and gives both managers and engineers the data and tools they need to improve.
CodeGem collects feedback and automatically pulls data from the tools teams already use to generate comprehensive dashboards that capture the full picture of a team; from productivity to collaboration to satisfaction. More importantly, CodeGem feeds these analytics into tools like our 1-on-1 framework, to facilitate continuous improvement and help managers and engineers, set, measure and achieve gems together! (“Gem”: Goals with evidence that can be measured)
Today, we are a close-knit, fast paced team with strong experience working at top companies including Apple, CentralReach, and Uber. In Alpha with several paid pilots, CodeGem is funded and backed by GarageCapital, CapitalT, The Thiel Fellowship, and several notable serial entrepreneurs/tech leads.
What you'll do...
- You’ll define and execute our GTM strategy including analyzing market opportunities, competitors, and trends while also testing out various pricing and positioning strategies
- You’ll create financial projections and set timelines around revenue, growth, and fundraising
- You’ll set KPIs and monitor benchmarks and performance data from sources such as website analytics, marketing tools, CRMs, and customer analytic tools. Based on these findings, you’ll collaborate with the team to iteratively improve both targets and strategies.
- You’ll be the customer champion, gathering requirements, building strong relationships, and translating ideas and feedback back to the product team.
- We use CodeGem at CodeGem! You’ll use what your customers use and, as our customer champion, will influence CodeGem’s product backlog.
- You’ll build relationships with 3rd parties including cross-selling, influencer partnerships, and development/integration partners.
- You’ll create targets, monitor progress, and iteratively improve our marketing strategy with a focus on building a strong brand identity. You’ll collaborate with the team to delegate deliverables and produce strong content including case studies, blog posts, and sales materials.
- You’ll work toward positioning CodeGem as a thought leader in our space; sourcing and applying for events, competitions, and opportunities in the startup and HR/engineering space.
- Longer-term, you’ll manage the full sales cycle; improving our pipeline, running campaigns, leading conversations, and closing deals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to jump into different areas and set personal development goals. Along the way, we’ll connect you with mentors and advisors who can support you in achieving them.
Who you are...
- You have 5+ years of hands-on experience in business development, marketing, and/or sales roles. While you might be stronger in certain areas than others, you’re comfortable with all aspects of business and are looking to take leadership on all fronts.
- You are comfortable defining and executing a 0 to 1 GTM strategy.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment. You’re looking to lead CodeGem’s business as a whole, can balance competing priorities, and are comfortable changing course based on new data.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can adapt and tailor your communication style to different audiences. You love building and maintaining strong relationships with customers.
- You are data-driven and enjoy monitoring, interpreting, and communicating learnings generated from sources such as website analytics, marketing tools, CRMs, and customer analytic tools.
- You are fluent with tools like HubSpot and Linkedin Sales Navigator and have strong opinions on how to use them effectively.
💎 We'd also love to hear...
- You have experience in the management, HR, and/or Engineering spaces
- You’re familiar with B2B SaaS sales cycles, and GTM strategies
- You’ve created financial projections and have a financial background
- You have marketing experience and have built strong brands by leveraging strategies like content creation and social media.
- You are efficient at writing quality copy that effectively conveys powerful messages including blog posts, website copy, sales material, and marketing posts.